Residential street plowing starts in Winnipeg
Plows are clearing catch basins for drainage in driving lane, says city
Remember your "snow zone" from the winter, Winnipeggers? Get ready to recall it, as the city is sending out the plows once again.
Residential street "plowing and drainage improvement" work started Wednesday at 7 a.m. and will continue until Friday at 7 p.m.
City officials are not imposing a residential parking ban in this case, but are asking residents to keep their vehicles off roadways in zones that are being cleared.
"The primary focus of this operation is clearing catch basins for drainage in the driving lane. However, the parking lane will be cleared if the roadway is free of vehicles so motorists are encouraged to find alternative parking to assist with this effort," the city stated in a news release.
Streets in the following zones will be plowed at the following times:
- Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.: E, I, M, O, S, U
- Wednesday at 7 p.m. to Thursday at 7 a.m.: D, G, J, L, N, R, V
- Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.: C, F, H, K, P, Q, T
- Thursday at 7 p.m. to Friday at 7 a.m.: B
- Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.: A