After you rake your boulevard this weekend, think about filling it up with stuff. Used stuff. Stuff you don't need anymore. Stuff someone else might want.
Giveaway weekends in Winnipeg happen twice a year. For 2014, that means May 10/11 and September 6/7.
Here's what to do:
- round up items like books, cds, furniture, toys, clothes, tools, household materials, kitchenware, etc.
- mark each item with a FREE sticker or sign
- place items at the edge of your curb, lawn or yard (and put away other items nearby that you want to keep or else they may disappear!)
- if anything is leftover, take it back to your basement or garage by dusk on Sunday
Here's what NOT to do:
- don't put your items on someone else's lawn
- don't let your items block or hinder traffic
- don't give away items infested with bed bugs ie: mattresses or bedding
Hear Darryl Drohomerski, Manager of solid water servies for the City of Winnipeg on Information Radio on Friday morning, May 9. After 8 a.m., come on down to the CBC sidewalk at 541 Portage Avenue for our own mini-giveaway.