RAW: Furniture donations on the move
Air Date: Jan 19, 2016 10:10 AM CT
Place Louis Riel is donating the contents of 34 of its hotel suites to help newcomers set up homes in Winnipeg. The Crystal Spring Hutterite Colony is helping move the truckloads of furnishings, and the Winnipeg Police Service has arranged for a large space for temporarily storage.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
A Winnipeg woman is spearheading a massive volunteer food drive to deliver Christmas hampers to people in Churchill to honour the memory of her five-year-old daughter, Danica deLaroque, who died in a boating accident in the northern Manitoba community.
Winnipeg linesman Vaughan Rody is celebrating his 1,000th game in the NHL. He will be recognized Monday night during the Winnipeg Jets, Vancouver Canucks game at MTS Centre.
Top News Headlines
- Lyft vs Uber: 2 ride-hailing services start their Canadian battle on Toronto streets
- Toronto leads country in child-care fees, but costs rising almost everywhere
- Right whales dying, while rescuers await government permission to resume disentangling them
- Liberals win 3 of 4 federal byelections, nab seat from Tories in B.C.
- Kiss your ash goodbye: Costly beetle invasion will be quick and painful for Winnipeg, scientists say
- Winnipeg dentist turning baby teeth black — to keep kids out of surgery
- Couple hopes to keep Trappist-style cheese alive as last monk retires
- Winnipeg police release photos of man accused of knocking out woman's teeth on bus
- $75K worth of meth seized in Winnipeg
- Foster mom charged in 2016 homicide of teen with autism, family says
- The answer to Manitoba Hydro increases? Use more electricity, not less
- Handful of Manitoba schools close after snow blankets parts of Manitoba
- Province axes workplace safety committee, affected groups raise concerns
Families wonder whether justice was served in deaths of fathers, daughters, sons, husbands
'It's potentially a real crime, and it's a real violent crime,' law professor says
Berklee reveals Kirby’s ‘termination’ at public forum on campus
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day