Rainwater shorted out more than a dozen traffic lights in Winnipeg, leaving them flashing red at some major intersections in the city on Friday.
City crews are working on repairing the lights as quickly as possible, a city spokesperson said.
Some of the affected intersections include:
- Donald Street and Portage Avenue
- Broadway and Osborne Street
- Lagimodiere Boulevard and Chief Peguis Trail
- Lagimodiere and Fermor Avenue
- McPhillips Street and Jarvis Avenue
The problem is "caused by water infiltrating traffic signals poles — water infiltrating underground cables — that are either deteriorated or currently damaged" and affecting the quality of power supply, the city said.
There's no word on any serious collisions caused by the outages.