A variety of stories and items, including news, sports, traffic, business and more
Manitoba's link between rural and urban audiences, reflecting issues & concerns of small towns and rural areas
Up to Speed
Bringing you the day's events with top local, national and international stories.
Weekend Morning Show
The weekend wake-up call for Manitobans features eclectic music, comedy, events, interesting people
Unreserved takes you behind the headlines of the top trending stories from Indigenous Canada
Produced in Thompson and heard on 28 transmitters in Central and Northern Manitoba.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
This Week in Manitoba
Several grandmothers in Sagkeeng First Nation would like to see a permanent monument in their community to remember loved ones who went missing or were murdered.
Manitoba's Sagkeeng First Nation has the most unsolved cases of missing and murdered indigenous women in Canada, according to a CBC analysis. And now, we're documenting more. CBC's Jill Coubrough spoke with two families who are sharing their stories for the very first time.
Send Us Your News
Submit your breaking news, stories, photos and videos.
Channels & Frequencies
Winnipeg: Radio One: 89.3 FM & 990 AM
Radio Two: 98.3 FM
Find your local CBC Channels & Frequencies »
Make CBC Manitoba part of your Canada Day!
CBC Manitoba is embarking on an ambitious storytelling project to mark 2017!
Some you’ll know, some you might not…yet.
Take our quiz to see which famous Manitoban is your kindred spirit.
The CBC Manitoba email newsletter features the best of the brand
Meet the hosts you love and watch as local radio and news programs come together each day
- Armed suspect shot, apprehended in Portage la Prairie
- Serious injuries reported in collisions on 2 Manitoba highways
- Man stabbed during large fight outside Winnipeg nightclub: police
- Via figuring out how to retrieve train from Churchill cut off by rail closure
- Woman impaled by javelin at Canada Summer Games qualifying trials
- 'It's about time to build a road to Churchill': Engineer says it's possible
- Korean workers in some Winnipeg sushi restaurants coerced into handing over part of pay to employers
- Winnipeg takes another step toward Kenaston widening with St. James Bridge replacement study
- Academy Lanes bowling alley closure 'almost like a death in the family,' says president
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Ransomware infects computers around the world in latest major attack
- Embattled Venezuelan president says helicopter fired on country's Supreme Court
- Pentagon alleges evidence of chemical weapons in Syria, warns against an attack
- Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says dozens killed in U.S.-led airstrike on ISIS prison
- IWK CEO used hospital credit card to pay for thousands in personal expenses
- N.B. approach to child death reviews gets reduced rating from doctors
- Disclosure vs. maximizing profit: Homeowner hit with extra $10K penalty for ending mortgage early
- Veteran who killed family was cleared for gun licence, despite suicide concerns
- Canadian sniper's shot 'entirely consistent' with non-combat role, Trudeau says
- Trudeau accused of trying to abolish opposition in the Senate
- Trudeau government shelves part of anti-spam law that would allow private lawsuits
- Former diplomat appointed climate change ambassador, with a revamped mandate
- Ontario announces $85M to clean up mercury near Grassy Narrows, Wabaseemoong First Nations
- There's a new generation of Indigenous filmmakers you need to watch — so here's your crash course
- Marlan Patrick Chookomolin, 25, dies in Thunder Bay, Ont., hospital
- Historic letter recalls time when Indigenous people were discouraged from 'excessive indulgence' in dancing