A look at some major fires in Winnipeg's past, using archival images from the CBC and the Winnipeg Tribune Photo Collection at the University of Manitoba.
Past Winnipeg fires
CBC News Posted: Apr 19, 2012 4:40 PM CT Last Updated: Apr 19, 2012 4:43 PM CT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
After years of safety warnings and reports of injuries about wire-bristle brushes used to clean barbecue grills, Health Canada has begun a risk assessment that could potentially stop the sale of the brushes.
Friends and family presented the Winnipeg man with a gleaming gold-coloured 1973 Ford LTD — the very same car his dad took him for a ride in when it was brand new.
Top News Headlines
- 5 vehicles burn at busy Birds Hill Park
- Manitoba women's health just got worse
- The clothes make the man: Winnipeg high-schooler building fashion empire
- Online death threat against Winnipeg Transit angers former driver
- Couple catches slow, snaky death of rare Canadian salamander found only in Manitoba
- Riding bike on sidewalk leads to fraud, drug charges
- 'He was magic': Canadian rock legend Kenny Shields dies
- Reviews from the 2017 Winnipeg Fringe Festival
- What patients need to know about planned changes to Manitoba health care
CBC News documents decades-old missing and murdered cases from Manitoba's Sagkeeng First Nation
‘I see this as a major problem,’ consumer protection lawyer says
Are fur trappers stuck in the past or a vital piece of our living heritage?
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day