Winnipeg police are looking for suspects in 10 break-ins at six optical stores across the city in the past month and a half.
Two of the stores were broken into twice, while another store was robbed three times, police said Thursday.
Investigators say they don't know if they are looking for one suspect or several, but they believe the same people are involved since all the break-ins targeted optical stores.
The total cost of the property damage and the value of the stolen merchandise exceeds $40,000.
The following locations were targeted:
- May 16 — 1400 block of McPhillips Street.
- May 17 — 400 block of Portage Avenue.
- May 30 — 1800 block of Grant Avenue.
- June 1 — 1400 block of Henderson Highway.
- June 4 — 1400 block of Henderson Highway.
- June 6 — 2200 block of McPhillips Street.
- June 10 — 2200 block of McPhillips Street.
- June 10 — 1800 block of Grant Avenue.
- June 14 — 600 block of Leila Avenue.
- July 1 — 2200 block of McPhillips Street.
Anyone with information about the break-ins or the suspects is asked to call investigators at (204) 986-2848 or Crime Stoppers at (204) 786-TIPS (8477).