A Winnipeg judge has ruled an explicit video that resulted in two sheriff's officers beingtemporarily suspended from work by the Manitoba Justice Department must remain off the internet, at least for now.

Last November, the two courthouse sheriffs, Jacqueline Burgoyne and Rick Gordon, participated in a videotaping session with a Winnipeg adult entertainer, Oshean de St. Claire de Guise.

When Burgoyne and Gordon discovered the video was available on the entertainer's website, they went to court to have it removed.

At a hearing Friday afternoon, Court of Queen's Bench Justice Albert Clearwater refused to lift an injunction keeping the videooff the internet until after a civil trial determines if the officers actually gave informed consent.

Clearwater said the wording of a consent form the officers signed could have been clearer.He also said he understood how the video might embarrass them.

Officers relieved

"We respect the decision of the judge," de Guise said leaving the courthouse Friday.She had previously removed all video and still pictures of the couple from the website voluntarily, pending judgment in the case.

"I think relief is the best way to describe how my clients are feeling at this point in time," said Jerri Wiebe, the lawyer representing the two officers. "They are very happy with the ruling that was made today."

Both sides say they want to get the matter solved as quickly as possible.

The saga began when the officers met the entertainer at aWinnipeg nightclub in November.

Explicit scenes

The officers showed interest in getting into the adult film business and joined the entertainer and her husband at her home, where they recorded the explicit scenes.

The officers had signed a consent form, although they later said they were intoxicated when they signed it and they didn't know they were consenting to have the video posted on the internet.

Nearly a month later, Burgoyne realized the scene was available onde Guise's website.

The officers were temporarily suspended from work following the appearance of the video, but have since returned to their duties.

An official with the Manitoba Justice Department wouldn't comment on their conduct.

No date has been set for the civil trial.