Northern Manitoba First Nations short at least 36 teachers
Air Date: Sep 22, 2017 4:31 PM CT
There is a shortage of at least 36 teachers across northern Manitoba First Nations, forcing some band-operated schools to turn to non-certified teachers and educational assistants to run the classrooms, a CBC News analysis has discovered.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
A former Manitoba soldier has transformed his vehicle into a rolling memorial for two Canadian soldiers who were killed in action in Afghanistan. But he's also hoping it will serve as a beacon of hope for people like him who suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Freedom Concepts works with therapists and medical professionals to properly design bikes to accommodate the needs of individuals across North America with disabilities.
Top News Headlines
- New mortgage rules will require financial stress test for uninsured borrowers starting in 2018
- Morneau asks to meet with ethics watchdog as controversy swirls
- What you need to know about Quebec's religious neutrality legislation
- Google sister company makes 'bold bet' with new tech-focused neighbourhood 'Sidewalk Toronto'
- Wire-bristle BBQ brush incident reports more than double
- Kids get 'tie and scarf' day as Halloween costumes banned at Winnipeg school
- Missing woman last seen in Winnipeg's South Pointe neighbourhood
- Woman 'relieved' after rare horses auctioned off to farms across Canada, U.S.
- 2 families, 3 missing and murdered Indigenous women; inquiry reveals how tragedy follows tragedy
- 'Very tragic': Teen, 14, dies after falling into water tank in RM of Whitehead
- Group of 'critically rare' Ojibway ponies to be auctioned off in Manitoba
- Bumped from surgery 9 times, Winnipeg senior says she's stuck in medical limbo at HSC
- Teen shot in face by man hunting at night near Pulp River, Man.
'What will it take — a death?' Surgeon urges Health Canada ban on wire brushes
Prominent pediatrician to go to trial this fall
Privacy law restricts sharing information in reference checks, says U of M
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day