Darrell Ackman, a.k.a. MrJetztv, found guilty of child prostitution, pornography
Jury finds Darrell Erwin Ackman, 46, guilty of 14 offences, Crown attorney says
The man known as MrJetzTV has been found guilty of running a Winnipeg prostitution ring with underage girls and making child pornography.
The charges were in relation to seven victims, five of whom were under 18. The victims ranged in age from 14 to 22.
Jurors convicted Ackman of:
- living on the avails of prostitution of a person under 18 (four counts);
- attempting to live on the avails of prostitution of a person under 18 (one count);
- living on the avails of prostitution (one count);
- sexual assault (three counts);
- invitation to sexual touching (one count);
- making child pornography (three counts); and
- possessing proceeds of crime (one count).
Ackman, 46, was arrested in 2012 and pleaded not guilty to all 17 original charges.
A Winnipeg police detective involved in surveillance of Ackman previously said phone numbers in online escort ads led police to him.
Ackman also ran an unsuccessful campaign to become the MLA for Fort Whyte in Winnipeg in 2013.