Mosquito fogging to begin in West St. Paul
There are fewer places for mosquitoes to find refuge around Winnipeg.
The city began fogging on the weekend and now the Rural Municipality of West St. Paul, just north of the city, is jumping on the fogging wagon as well.
It will start spraying Malathion on Monday at 9:30 p.m.
If it gets cancelled due to poor weather conditions, the fogging will be rescheduled as soon possible.
The fogging will include private roadways and field roads throughout the municipality.
Winnipeg fogging schedule
The City of Winnipeg's insect control branch will continue its adult nuisance mosquito fogging in the following zones:
- 1 — Kilcona Park, River East, Springfield North, Valhalla
- 2 — Kildonan Drive, Rossmere A
- 4 — Munroe West, Rossmere B
- 40 — Kensington, Minto, Polo Park, St. Matthews, West Wolseley
- 41 — Armstrong Point, Broadway - Assiniboine, Legislature, Portage & Main, South Portage, The Forks, West Broadway, Wolseley
- 42 — Central Park, Colony, Daniel McIntyre, Portage - Ellice, Spence, West Alexander
- 43 — North Inkster Industrial, Oakpoint Highway, Omand's Creek Industrial, Tyndall Park
- 44 — Burrows - Keewatin, Inkster Industrial Park, Mynarski, Pacific Industrial, Shaughnessy Park, Weston, Weston Shops
- 45 — Burrows - Keewatin, Inkster Industrial Park, Mynarski, Pacific Industrial, Shaughnessy Park, Weston, Weston Shops
- 46 — Centennial, China Town, Civic Centre, Dufferin, Dufferin Industrial, Exchange District, Logan C.P.R., Lord Selkirk Park, North Point Douglas, South Point Douglas
- 47 — Inkster - Faraday, Luxton, St. John's, St. John's Park
- 48 — Inkster Gardens, Mandalay West, The Maples
- 49 — Garden City, Leila - McPhillips Triangle, Margaret Park, Templeton - Sinclair
- 50 — Jefferson, Kildonan Park, Seven Oaks
- 51 — Amber Trails, Leila North, Riverbend, Rivergrove, Rosser - Old Kildonan, West Kildonan Industrial
Spraying will take place between the hours of 9:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.