More than 500 Winnipeg nurses to be offered new jobs after positions deleted
Air Date: Aug 15, 2017 6:05 PM CT
Health-care staffing changes have started as the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority prepares to replace two emergency departments with urgent care centres and completely close a third.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Police facing increasingly violent situations involving drugs: Chief Smyth
- 'Just felt right to take a stance': Wheeler wades into U.S. political debate
- 'I just felt wonderment': Wilma Derksen revisits slain daughter's belongings as she waits for retrial verdict
- Sexual assault charges laid after 9 women groped
There are more trees marked for death right now than Winnipeg has seen since the mid-1990s, and the city's forester says the backlog of infected elms is helping Dutch elm disease spread.
Jody Weger bought the abandoned church in the tiny hamlet of Beresford, Man., on impulse. The foundation was caving in, the roof was going and the interior had fallen into disrepair. But the Manitoba musician's impulse buy has likely saved the century-old brick church from an almost certain fate and could breathe new life into the sleepy community.
Top News Headlines
- Man shot by police dies, officer in stable condition
- Brandon teens credited with caring for toddler found alone in the rain
- Virden, Man. firefighters 'darn tired' after 2 major fires in 24 hours
- Manitoba Metis Federation bans spotlighting
- Unique Winnipeg housing co-op struggles to find roommates
- 2 charged after Winnipeg police seize shotgun, drugs
- Winnipeg firefighter charged with sexually abusing 3 girls
- Family believes poor care, long wait at HSC contributed to death of 91-year-old grandmother
- What we know so far about Wab Kinew's convictions, stayed charges