Manitobans' generosity overwhelms St. Georges fire victims
A Manitoba family that escaped a house is overwhelmed by the generosity of Manitobans.
Paul Nault, his pregnant wife Michelle Abdilla, and their 18-month-old daughter Arianna were able to get out of their St. Georges house when it went up in flames at the end of March.
- Dad recounts fire that put baby girl, pregnant mom in ICU
- 2 adults, 1 child escape fire in St. Georges
The family was renting the house and had no insurance.
“The entire [St. Georges] community, and even people from outside the community — people from Winnipeg and Steinbach — came together and the donations have been absolutely overwhelming,” he said.
“To have even complete strangers who've never even met us donating and everything, it's like I honestly don’t know what I did in my lifetime to deserve it but certainly, more than grateful."
Nault, Michelle and Arianna all suffered injuries, including burns and smoke inhalation, but are now recovering.