Manitoba sorely lacking in health services for at-risk girls, says advocate
Air Date: Sep 02, 2014 2:14 PM CT
Most Winnipeggers don't seem to care about the growing list of missing and murdered Aboriginal women, says advocate for at-risk women and girls
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- 'We're broken inside,' sister of missing woman tells MMIWG inquiry in Thompson, Man.
- CAA campaign wants drivers, cyclists, pedestrians to pinpoint 'abysmal' infrastructure
- Inquest to probe man's death during Winnipeg arrest
- Winnipeg philanthropist donates more than $10M to help disadvantaged students
New rules introduced in the Manitoba Legislature on Tuesday would largely limit cannabis consumption to private homes. They also outline how the province plans to catch stoned drivers. Tyson Koschik explains.
In Canada's north, produce can cost several times what it does in the south. It's often weeks old, and wilted by the time it arrives. In Churchill, a Canadian company has helped develop a technology that's sprouting some some big changes.
Top News Headlines
- 'It was gone — my nose, my mouth, my eye': New life in Canada can't erase old wounds for this Afghan woman
- Government's cannabis bill faces live-or-die vote in Senate today
- Trapped dolphins in Heart's Delight, N.L., rescued
- On the night he nearly died, this man resorted to leaving the ER to call 911 for help
- Former Manitoba MP Bev Desjarlais dead at 62
- Premier says 'persuasion money' reason for mass resignation of Manitoba Hydro board
- Hydroponic produce is blooming in Churchill, Man.
- Police tell people in St. Boniface to 'stay inside' during suspicious incident
- 'A wake-up call': Thick High Arctic ice flowing south thanks to climate change, researcher says
- Family walks away after truck ends up in Assiniboine River
- Future of retail? Cineplex to open massive entertainment centre at Winnipeg's Seasons of Tuxedo
- Man missing since leaving Winnipeg hospital Friday has been found: family
- Senior left covering cost of knee braces after Manitoba Health refuses to pay
Court documents accuse Specialized Foster Homes of inappropriate care, putting kids at risk
Found guilty in September of conspiring to murder Americans, using a weapon of mass destruction
Letter to congregation urges them to alert RCMP of other possible violations
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day