Manitoba jockey paralyzed from horse accident back in the saddle
Air Date: Sep 12, 2017 6:04 PM CT
Two years after a horseback riding accident left her paralyzed from the chest down, Alyssa Selman, a Manitoba jockey, is back in the saddle. She rode her new horse Duke using a brand new, customized saddle for the first time since the accident.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
It has been another busy week in Manitoba politics. Here's the CBC provincial reporter Sean Kavanagh and municipal reporter Bartley Kives with this week's edition of The Scrum.
In Mexico City buckets cause frustration when people use them to take over public parking spaces to make you pay. So a group of architects, builders and engineers in Mexico, the US and Winnipeg decided to take the bucket back for a unique design installation.
Top News Headlines
- Man shot by police dies, officer in stable condition
- Brandon teens credited with caring for toddler found alone in the rain
- Virden, Man. firefighters 'darn tired' after 2 major fires in 24 hours
- 2 charged after Winnipeg police seize shotgun, drugs
- What we know so far about Wab Kinew's convictions, stayed charges
- 3 buildings in Virden's 'Exchange District' destroyed by fire, mayor says
- Man left injured at Talbot Avenue and Panet Road
- Manitoba Metis Federation bans spotlighting
- 'Humbled by the space': Manitoba musician turns derelict church into music venue