Man questioned about race when answering ad for house rental
Air Date: Apr 19, 2017 4:59 PM CT
A Winnipeg man says he was offended when he was asked about his race after answering an online ad for a house rental.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
Health-care staffing changes have started as the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority prepares to replace two emergency departments with urgent care centres and completely close a third.
A man has pleaded not criminally responsible to four charges in connection with a home invasion and attack on an elderly couple in Selkirk last year.
Top News Headlines
- 'It's like my war against the terrorists': Blood banks in Barcelona flooded with donations in wake of attack
- 'It was a bad day': Canadian POWs recall disastrous Dieppe raid 75 years later
- Check how much of the solar eclipse you'll see from your city
- Canadian killed in Barcelona remembered as 'generous, adventurous' man
- Tearful reunion as Yazidi boy arrives in Winnipeg
- Francophone beats speeding ticket issued by non-bilingual officer
- More than 500 Winnipeg nurses to be offered new jobs after positions deleted
- Rustling bushes cause scare for teens, prompting rescue in Manitoba provincial park
- Officer shot in leg after his gun went off spontaneously, Winnipeg police say
- Hateful graffiti turns up in Winnipeg, alarming residents, Jewish group
- CFL 'Diversity is Strength' T-shirts released after racial violence in U.S.
- Man, 29, viciously assaulted before death, police say
- Winnipeg couple warns others after online dog deal bites back
Retailers continue to sell brushes, despite past warnings and calls to ban sales
CBC News documents decades-old missing and murdered cases from Manitoba's Sagkeeng First Nation
‘I see this as a major problem,’ consumer protection lawyer says
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day