Learning Tagalog in Neepawa
Air Date: Mar 20, 2017 12:24 PM CT
It's Friendly Manitoba, but Neepawa residents are going the extra mile: learning the language of their new neighbours to help them feel more welcome.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of rain showers or flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of flurries
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
The City of Winnipeg has proposed a 25 cent increase in transit fares and cuts to 23 routes in its 2018 preliminary budget, tabled Wednesday.
Time is running out for Agape Table. The 38-year-old soup kitchen needs to move out of its current space attached to the All Saints Church on Colony Street by the end of February. The worn out building is slated to be torn down to make way for an affordable housing development.
Top News Headlines
- Cpl. Nolan Caribou ID'd as reservist who died on Manitoba Canadian Forces base
- Guy Maddin 'ludicrously honoured' to have designed Winnipeg warming hut
- Young mom dies of infection week after giving birth to 3rd child
- Brian Pallister and wife explain how he got lost and broke arm on New Mexico hike
- Winnipeg store owner gets 5 years for plotting to murder business partner
- 'I'm going to get out of my chair': Injured Manitoba hockey player determined to walk again
- Deaths of 7 Indigenous students in Thunder Bay the responsibility of all Canadians: author
- Jazz prof Steve Kirby fired from Berklee College after U of M students share harassment complaints
- 'Never a dull moment': Lawsuit, NAFTA claim, Fairfax partnership spur optimism, tension in Churchill
Berklee reveals Kirby’s ‘termination’ at public forum on campus
Province has no plans to change complaint-based inspection process, cites 'small volume of complaints'
'They knew it was dangerous, they didn’t tell anyone,' says employee who worked with files stored near range
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day