Kives and Kavanagh ponder Pallister's politics
Air Date: Aug 11, 2017 4:35 PM CT
CBC reporters Sean Kavanagh and Bartley Kives come in from the heat to discuss the hot topic of the week: Brian Pallister's use of personal emails for government business.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of flurries
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Stolen car crashes in Point Douglas, sends 3 to hospital
- 'It's created a monopoly': MLA calls on province to ensure Dynacare has competition for lab services
- St. John's High School students paving way to reconciliation by teaching teachers about Indigenous culture
- Biting into tradition: Elementary school students learn Cree art of birch bark biting
New rules introduced in the Manitoba Legislature on Tuesday would largely limit cannabis consumption to private homes. They also outline how the province plans to catch stoned drivers. Tyson Koschik explains.
In Canada's north, produce can cost several times what it does in the south. It's often weeks old, and wilted by the time it arrives. In Churchill, a Canadian company has helped develop a technology that's sprouting some some big changes.
Top News Headlines
- 'What type of man could hurt somebody like me?' Woman shot in face in Afghanistan settles into life in B.C.
- Thieves steal millions of PC Optimum points, go on shopping sprees
- Here are the places in Canada — yes, Canada — vulnerable to drought
- Liberals' claim of 'steady increase' in gun crime rests on a 'drastic' comparison to a low-crime year
- Former Manitoba MP Bev Desjarlais dead at 62
- Premier says 'persuasion money' reason for mass resignation of Manitoba Hydro board
- Hydroponic produce is blooming in Churchill, Man.
- Police tell people in St. Boniface to 'stay inside' during suspicious incident
- 'A wake-up call': Thick High Arctic ice flowing south thanks to climate change, researcher says
- Family walks away after truck ends up in Assiniboine River
- Man missing since leaving Winnipeg hospital Friday has been found: family
- Future of retail? Cineplex to open massive entertainment centre at Winnipeg's Seasons of Tuxedo
- Senior left covering cost of knee braces after Manitoba Health refuses to pay
Court documents accuse Specialized Foster Homes of inappropriate care, putting kids at risk
Found guilty in September of conspiring to murder Americans, using a weapon of mass destruction
Letter to congregation urges them to alert RCMP of other possible violations
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day