'It's in the blood': How life for this modern-day trapper has very little to do with fur
Air Date: Feb 12, 2018 11:00 PM CT
From the time he was just a boy in the 1940s, Ray Henschell's life has revolved around two things: family and trapping.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Ride-hailing service TappCar posts wanted ad for drivers in Winnipeg
- Winnipeg school bus driver urges motorists to 'just pay attention' behind the wheel
- Manitoba rivers feed 400M pieces of microplastic into Lake Winnipeg every year
- Selkirk Bear Clan Patrol will be 'hand up for the community,' says organizer
Tristan Derksen, 20, is a mall cleaner at Kildonan Place in Winnipeg, and has been delighting shoppers with his singing talents.
Hundreds of people crammed into a North Point Douglas church Thursday night to fill up on perogies, bid on cakes and support a women's centre facing a funding crunch.
Top News Headlines
- 2 killed in Grand Rapids, Man., trailer fire hours after protest demanded better living conditions
- Winnipeg mall cleaner in viral video sings 'for the joy of others'
- Vince Li, man who beheaded passenger on Greyhound bus, given absolute discharge
- 'A tragic loss': Winnipeg says final goodbye to boy hit by truck at crosswalk
- Al Simmons' 'Magic Workshop' goes up in flames, irreplaceable props burn
- What happened to Tina Fontaine? The case against Raymond Cormier
- Teulon, Man., winner of $100K scholarship says community involvement is 'greatest passion in life'
- Hold on to your beards: Voyageurs likely didn't have facial hair
- What's open and what's closed in Winnipeg this Louis Riel Day
At least 3 complaints about Stan Struthers made to Manitoba NDP between 2010 and 2015
Wait for specialized beds puts residents at risk of violence, says daughter of man killed in care home
Bullying, harassment, morale issues may increase absenteeism at Manitoba centre, internal RCMP report says
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day