House fire sends 1 to hospital in Winnipeg

A man was sent to hospital after a morning house fire in Winnipeg on Wednesday.

Man checked for smoke inhalation after duplex fire

Emergency crews were called to a Garden City duplex to extinguish a small fire on Wednesday morning. (Meaghan Ketcheson/CBC)

A man was sent to hospital after a morning house fire in Winnipeg on Wednesday.

Family members told CBC News that everyone got out of the Garden City duplex safely, though the man was taken to hospital as a precaution to be checked for smoke inhalation.

The fire started in an upstairs bedroomat about 5:45 a.m. at the home on Montcalm Crescent, near Vanier Drive.

It was quickly extinguished.

No cause or estimate of damage is available at this time.

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.