Family escapes house fire in Amber Trails
Fire caused accidentally by deep fryer in garage
A family escaped after a fire started in a garage and spread to a house on Danube Drive Friday evening.
Firefighters were called around 7:20 p.m. for a report of a garage fire. By the time they arrived, the fire had spread to the front of the wood-framed house.
The family fled to the backyard and firefighters extinguished the blaze.
Firefighters said the fire was accidentally caused by a deep fryer in the garage.
No one was injured. A damage estimate was not yet available.
More Manitoba news: