People living in southern Manitoba can expect a hot, sticky weekend.
Environment Canada has issued a humidex advisory for much of southern Manitoba.
On Saturday, daytime highs are expected to hit 30 degrees or more. However, the weather agency says a southerly flow is bringing hot, humid air which will make it feel more like 40 degrees.
There is a chance for thunderstorms to roll in Saturday night with cooling temperatures.
Environment Canada says the following areas are under a humidex advisory:
- Steinbach - St. Adolphe - Dominion City - Vita - Richer
- Selkirk - Gimli - Stonewall - Woodlands - Eriksdale
- Dugald - Beausejour - Grand Beach
- Portage la Prairie - Headingley - Brunkild - Carman
- Morden - Winkler - Altona - Emerson - Morris
- Sprague - Northwest Angle Provincial Forest
- Brandon - Carberry - Treherne
- Killarney - Pilot Mound - Manitou