Join us for a live feed from the Visionary Conversation talk at the University of Manitoba at 7:00pm.Tweets about "#umvisionary"
Freedom from Religion
Is government going too far in the secularization of society?
CBC News Posted: Dec 11, 2013 8:06 AM CT Last Updated: Dec 11, 2013 8:16 AM CT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Periods of rain
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Faced with multiple natural disasters, charities broaden their appeals
- Political scandals and forgiveness: When we let go of indiscretions, when we don't, and why
- 'There is equitable funding': Bennett says more teachers, new model needed for First Nations education
- No kids allowed! How to build a fort for grown-ups
There is a shortage of at least 36 teachers across northern Manitoba First Nations, forcing some band-operated schools to turn to non-certified teachers and educational assistants to run the classrooms, a CBC News analysis has discovered.
In Mexico City buckets cause frustration when people use them to take over public parking spaces to make you pay. So a group of architects, builders and engineers in Mexico, the US and Winnipeg decided to take the bucket back for a unique design installation.
Top News Headlines
- 'A hero again and again': How John McCain likely just ended the last-gasp Obamacare repeal bid
- Merkel pitches German voters steady course while far right makes waves
- Rebranding the pit bull: Family-friendly pet or danger to children?
- 'Extremely dangerous': Puerto Rico faces threat from failing dam after Hurricane Maria
- 4 missing siblings found, Winnipeg police say
- Members of Syrian family targeted by graffiti say they have been beaten, threatened
- Chaos, confusion as 100s of support staff in Winnipeg hospitals told their jobs will be deleted
- Details emerge of Manitoba NDP Leader Wab Kinew's assault, drunk-driving charges
- Lawn signs with welcoming message pop up around Winnipeg
- Abandoned Manitoba water park nears end of the ride
- U of Manitoba was warned about former jazz prof's behaviour years before he left
- Jeanne's Cake: A family legacy, an ongoing debate for Winnipeggers
- Manitoba Tories launch attack site against Wab Kinew