Flowers from events around Manitoba bring smiles in care homes and hospitals through donation program
Air Date: Dec 08, 2017 6:24 PM CT
Flowers used in weddings and other events throughout Manitoba are repurposed through Winnipeg Harvest's Floral Philanthropy program. They are picked up and taken to hospitals, care homes and other places where they can make people happy.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Man charged in 2015 MMIWG-related killing of Krystal Andrews
- Bruised but not broken, Patrik Laine will return to Jets lineup in a week or 2
- Brian Bowman makes low-key announcement that he'll seek 2nd term as Winnipeg's mayor
- 'We're broken inside,' sister of missing woman tells MMIWG inquiry in Thompson, Man.
New rules introduced in the Manitoba Legislature on Tuesday would largely limit cannabis consumption to private homes. They also outline how the province plans to catch stoned drivers. Tyson Koschik explains.
In Canada's north, produce can cost several times what it does in the south. It's often weeks old, and wilted by the time it arrives. In Churchill, a Canadian company has helped develop a technology that's sprouting some some big changes.
Top News Headlines
- Premier says 'persuasion money' reason for mass resignation of Manitoba Hydro board
- Former Manitoba MP Bev Desjarlais dead at 62
- Hydroponic produce is blooming in Churchill, Man.
- Police tell people in St. Boniface to 'stay inside' during suspicious incident
- 'A wake-up call': Thick High Arctic ice flowing south thanks to climate change, researcher says
- Future of retail? Cineplex to open massive entertainment centre at Winnipeg's Seasons of Tuxedo
- Family walks away after truck ends up in Assiniboine River
- Man missing since leaving Winnipeg hospital Friday has been found: family
- Senior left covering cost of knee braces after Manitoba Health refuses to pay
Court documents accuse Specialized Foster Homes of inappropriate care, putting kids at risk
Found guilty in September of conspiring to murder Americans, using a weapon of mass destruction
Letter to congregation urges them to alert RCMP of other possible violations
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day