Notifications

Firefighters battle blaze in downtown Brandon

A faulty heater is being blamed for a fire at a downtown business in Brandon on Monday.
Firefighters battle flames at a Brandon business on Dec. 9. 0:29

A faulty heater is being blamed for a fire at a downtown business in Brandon on Monday.

Crews were called to Westman Golf Services at Second Street and Pacific Avenue at about 7:45 a.m. Monday.

The fire captain on the scene told CBC News the fire broke out in west side of building and has spread throughout.

Everyone inside made it out safely.

Streets in the area were blocked for a few hours and the fire was out by 11 a.m.

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.