Firefighters battle blaze in Bélair Provincial Forest
Air Date: Oct 18, 2017 12:10 PM CT
Firefighters are battling a blaze in the Bélair Provincial Forest, northeast of Grand Beach. The fire covers about four hectares of forest and is mostly under control but gusting winds have whipped up the flames every so often.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Brian Bowman makes low-key announcement that he'll seek 2nd term as Winnipeg's mayor
- 'We're broken inside,' sister of missing woman tells MMIWG inquiry in Thompson, Man.
- Jennifer Jones-led Canadian team fights off Russia to remain undefeated at women's curling worlds
- Province to build first-ever highway roundabout in Manitoba
New rules introduced in the Manitoba Legislature on Tuesday would largely limit cannabis consumption to private homes. They also outline how the province plans to catch stoned drivers. Tyson Koschik explains.
In Canada's north, produce can cost several times what it does in the south. It's often weeks old, and wilted by the time it arrives. In Churchill, a Canadian company has helped develop a technology that's sprouting some some big changes.
Top News Headlines
- Trump takes first shots in trade war with China, and stock market is taking friendly fire
- Investigation into 2015 MMIWG case leads to arrest in Krystal Andrews killing
- Great Pacific Garbage Patch is 16 times bigger than previously estimated, study finds
- Florida board to fortify schools against shooters, teachers want stricter gun controls
- Former Manitoba MP Bev Desjarlais dead at 62
- Premier says 'persuasion money' reason for mass resignation of Manitoba Hydro board
- Hydroponic produce is blooming in Churchill, Man.
- Police tell people in St. Boniface to 'stay inside' during suspicious incident
- 'A wake-up call': Thick High Arctic ice flowing south thanks to climate change, researcher says
- Future of retail? Cineplex to open massive entertainment centre at Winnipeg's Seasons of Tuxedo
- Family walks away after truck ends up in Assiniboine River
- Man missing since leaving Winnipeg hospital Friday has been found: family
- Senior left covering cost of knee braces after Manitoba Health refuses to pay
Court documents accuse Specialized Foster Homes of inappropriate care, putting kids at risk
Found guilty in September of conspiring to murder Americans, using a weapon of mass destruction
Letter to congregation urges them to alert RCMP of other possible violations
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day