A Grey Cup party in Winnipeg got a little too hot Sunday, erupting in flames and destroying a garage.

Emergency crews were called to Knotsberry Bay in the city's south St. Vital neighbourhood just before midnight.

A group had been in the garage, which was being warmed by space heater. 

The fire destroyed the garage and spread to the attached home.

No one was hurt.

It is not yet known if the heater or a cigarette is to blame for the blaze, police said.

There is no estimate on the extent of damage to the house.