Fire breaks out at former Winnipeg nightclub
Fire crews battle blaze in the former Gio's nightclub
Fire crews were fighting a blaze at Smith Street and York Avenue in downtown Winnipeg this morning.
The fire broke out on the main floor in the former Gio's nightclub at about 7:20 a.m. CT.
Smoke was seen coming from the rear and roof of the building. Firefighters broke down the front door to gain access to the building.
Officials say the fire caused about $150,000 in damage. One firefighter was sent to hospital with minor injuries.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area.