Fire at Winnipeg charity cooking event injures 2
Two people suffered burns in a fire that broke out at a charity cooking event in Winnipeg over the weekend.
Firefighters were called to the St. Boniface Diocesan High School at 282 Dubuc St. on Saturday afternoon.
The fire appears to have started in the oven, according to fire officials.
A 66-year-old man and a 50-year-old woman were burned on their faces, arms and body when they opened the oven door.
There is no word on the severity of the burns, or how the fire started in the oven.