After 45 years of celebrating our Franco-Manitoban culture, there is still something new to enjoy this year.
Every year St. Boniface is transformed into a winter wonderland where you can enjoy great music, food and culture.
We asked the Director of Marketing and Communications at the Festival, Irina Bissonnette about some of the changes for this year.
1. Rendezvous on Ice: This will be another official sight right along the river trail that will include an outdoor patio with food and entertainment.
2. Fashion Show: This is a brand new event that includes local stylists and retailers showing high fashion winter outfits.
3. Kids Playground at Voyageur Park: We rebuilt the whole playground for the kids including a lot of interactive games, forts and really fun stuff for the kids.
4. Riviere Rouge: The main tent for the festival is now doubled in capacity which makes it super for all the big acts like Sierra Noble, Royal Canoe, The Bros. Landreth and Asham Stompers featuring Sagkeeng's Finest.
5. Free Shuttle: People can park at the Forks and Université de Saint Boniface and the shuttle will come by every 30 minutes to take people right to the park.
Catch Festival du Voyageur from February 14 - 23.