The Manitoba Liquor Control Commission has completed its investigation into the operations of the Empire Cabaret, where one man was killed and four injured in two violent incidents this fall.
An MLCC official told CBC News the owner of the Exchange District nightclub will come under the scrutiny of a public hearing early in the new year.
The commission calls a hearing in cases when an establishment is believed to have breached its licence requirements numerous times.
The Empire has not reopened since Jeff Engen, 24, was killed in a stabbing inside the club on Nov. 18.
The death was the second violent incident at the club in as many months; in October, four people were injured in a shootingat the club.
The owner of the Main Street club, Sabino Tumillo, has not returned calls from CBC News. He has yet to speak publicly about the violence.
Last week, Empire staff said they weren't sure how long the nightclub will remain closed.
No suspects have been identified in Engen's death, which reportedly involved a fight in the club.
Police have said they were looking for a 22-year-old man in connection with the October shooting, which also involved a fight, though investigators said the four injured patrons were not involved in the altercation.