Elementary students explore residential school history at CMHR
Air Date: Oct 19, 2017 4:37 PM CT
Students from Laura Secord School are in the midst of a months-long project that will help other children understand how they can make a difference when it comes to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission's calls to action.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of flurries
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Health authority 'cautiously optimistic' pressure from Winnipeg flu season is lifting
- 'Life without my girl is unbearable': Parents tell court of devastation after daughter's brutal beating death
- Hydro contractor's employee who died on the job was a hard worker with a big heart, brother says
- Firefighters called to free mom, 3-year-old who staff left trapped in Walmart bathroom
She's hooped danced around the world, but now an Indigenous Manitoba teenager can add entrepreneur to her resume. Émilie McKinney started a new business venture - with the help of her mom - making authentic Indigenous jingle cones and lids for dresses.
A bison who keeps escaping its pen is creating a buzz in the community of Lorette. The CBC's Austin Grabish travelled to Lorette in search of Freddy the bison.
Top News Headlines
- McGuinty aide David Livingston found guilty in gas plants trial
- Reclusive U.S. billionaire Robert Mercer helped Trump win the presidency — but what does he really want?
- Man accused of 1st-degree murders of 2 men missing from Toronto's Gay Village appears in court
- White House ups pressure on Democrats as it seeks to avoid government shutdown
- 'No longer a citizen': Government letter tells mom of 4 she's not Canadian
- It's –15 C with 60 km/h winds. Time for ice yoga!
- Victim, father handcuffed in court kerfuffle after man acquitted in shooting involving stolen RCMP gun
- Saving Winnipeg: Restoring 2 of city's oldest buildings yields good and bad surprises
- Manitoba Hydro contractor employee dies after being struck by falling steel
- Portage la Prairie man, 13-year-old daughter, die in Ontario car crash
- Love letter to Winnipeg: Brazilian tourist says city 'can only be in Canada'
- It's slippery enough to skate on some Manitoba highways — and this man did
- Most of Manitoba under extreme cold warning
Manitoba Chiropractors Association website analysis follows CBC investigation that found questionable claims
'I will tell everybody I can, not to use them,' says Alberta woman who suffered a perforated bowel
Families wonder whether justice was served in deaths of fathers, daughters, sons, husbands
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day