There are more trees marked for death right now than Winnipeg has seen since the mid-1990s, and the city's forester says the backlog of infected elms is helping Dutch elm disease spread.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
Police are looking for three unknown men — one dressed as a jester — who tried to rob a restaurant with a shotgun on Tuesday night before being overpowered by staff and patrons, in a scene a witness described as "complete mayhem." Video: Tyler Nicholls/Facebook.
Firefighters are battling a blaze in the Bélair Provincial Forest, northeast of Grand Beach. The fire covers about four hectares of forest and is mostly under control but gusting winds have whipped up the flames every so often.
Top News Headlines
- 6 years after being convicted of killing teen girl, man found not guilty by Winnipeg judge
- Quebec's new religious neutrality law offers a special level of hypocrisy: Neil Macdonald
- AI is deciding promotions — but could it be biased?
- Officials confirm that ammonia leak killed 3 at arena in Fernie, B.C.
- Wire-bristle BBQ brush incident reports more than double
- Kids get 'tie and scarf' day as Halloween costumes banned at Winnipeg school
- Missing woman last seen in Winnipeg's South Pointe neighbourhood
- Police chasing jester, masked man after attempted armed robbery at Winnipeg bar
- Family of teen who tripped and fell into water tank on Manitoba farm releases statement
- Woman 'relieved' after rare horses auctioned off to farms across Canada, U.S.
- NHL player agent accused of defrauding players of $12M
- Fire burns close to Manitoba town of Camperville, sheds destroyed
- Mark Edward Grant, who was convicted of killing Candace Derksen, found not guilty at 2nd trial
'What will it take — a death?' Surgeon urges Health Canada ban on wire brushes
Prominent pediatrician to go to trial this fall
Privacy law restricts sharing information in reference checks, says U of M
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day