Delaine Copenace search: Canadian Centre for Child Protection urges help
Delaine Copenace last seen in downtown Kenora about 6 p.m. on Feb. 27
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is wading into the search for Delaine Copenace, a missing 16-year-old Kenora girl.
She was last seen in downtown Kenora about 6 p.m. on Feb. 27.
The child protection centre is urging anyone in Kenora, Lake of the Woods, and surrounding areas to keep their eyes open for anything that seems suspicious.
"Any information no matter how small could help find Delaine," states a news release from the agency.
- Volunteers rally to find Kenora missing teen Delaine Copenace
- Kenora teen goes missing — police and family continue search
- Help Us Find Delaine Copenace on Facebook
Copenace's mom Anida Fisher has described her daughter as a "homebody" and said the family is incredibly concerned for the girl's safety.
"I just want my baby to be home. Every minute we don't hear from her is awful," Fisher said in the release from the child protection centre.
"This is so out of character for her. She would never want to be away from us, from her brother, from her sisters. We need everyone's help finding our daughter; this is just not like her."
The agency is asking the public to help by doing the following:
- Check personal property, yards, around property and outbuildings.
- If you find anything suspicious, immediately call local police or OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
- If you can spare time or resources to help in the search, report to the Kenora Fellowship Centre, headquarters of the community search effort.
- Share information though social media using the hashtag #finddelaine.
Copenace is described as having a larger build, with brown eyes and long black hair. She was last seen wearing black boots, a black jacket, a "Bullet for my Valentine" T-shirt and black jeans with zippered pockets.
Police are asking anyone with information to call Kenora OPP.
Please Help me bring my baby girl home!!!!!!! Any info will help please contact OPP, or local police and Crimestoppers...