Company raises money for charities without permission
Air Date: Mar 11, 2015 1:34 PM CT
A Winnipeg woman who donated to a fundraising campaign for a food bank was angry when she learned the person making the pitch was working for a private company, not the charity.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
A 12-year-old girl with cerebral palsy, who came to Winnipeg with her parents and five siblings as Syrian refugees, has her own brand-new customized trike thanks to the generosity of Manitobans.
A Manitoba woman is pleading with the person who adopted her missing dog from the City of Winnipeg's animal shelter to return the pet to her family.
Top News Headlines
- U.S. says softwood lumber imports don't play by rules, but Canada replies: See you in court
- Crash victim's court award for surrogacy fees believed to be a 1st in Canada
- How Europe's heroin capital solved its overdose crisis
- 'I want someone to take my pain': Woman set on fire by husband denied home insurance payout
- Woman pleads with missing dog's new owners to give him back
- Kellie Leitch vows to deport border crossers after visit to Manitoba border town
- That image of unicorn frappuccino hair all over the internet? It's from Winnipeg
- Robber points gun at head of woman cycling in Transcona
- 1 dead after vehicle hit, pushed into oncoming traffic
- 7 charged after fight at community club involving 100
- Vic Toews to face Canadian Judicial Council review over conflict-of-interest allegations
- Snowfall warning issued for parts of southern Manitoba
- Boy, 7, drowns at public swimming pool in Thompson
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day
Paper which was never made public calls previous report on chiropractic health-care savings 'deeply flawed'
Confidential documents show PCs are interested in privatizing government's air services branch
Developer Legacy Homes did not comply with court order to do repairs on Riverside Glen development