City CAO told about Sterling Lyon expropriations a year ago, confidential briefing note says
Air Date: Dec 14, 2017 5:40 PM CT
A confidential briefing note obtained by CBC News casts doubt on claims that senior city officials didn't know about a plan to run a freeway through a southwest Winnipeg neighbourhood.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Snow and blowing snow
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
New rules introduced in the Manitoba Legislature on Tuesday would largely limit cannabis consumption to private homes. They also outline how the province plans to catch stoned drivers. Tyson Koschik explains.
In Canada's north, produce can cost several times what it does in the south. It's often weeks old, and wilted by the time it arrives. In Churchill, a Canadian company has helped develop a technology that's sprouting some some big changes.
Top News Headlines
- Premier says 'persuasion money' reason for mass resignation of Manitoba Hydro board
- Former Manitoba MP Bev Desjarlais dead at 62
- Police tell people in St. Boniface to 'stay inside' during suspicious incident
- Hydroponic produce is blooming in Churchill, Man.
- Future of retail? Cineplex to open massive entertainment centre at Winnipeg's Seasons of Tuxedo
- 'A wake-up call': Thick High Arctic ice flowing south thanks to climate change, researcher says
- Winnipeg philanthropist donates more than $10M to help disadvantaged students
- Family walks away after truck ends up in Assiniboine River
- Man missing since leaving Winnipeg hospital Friday has been found: family
Court documents accuse Specialized Foster Homes of inappropriate care, putting kids at risk
Found guilty in September of conspiring to murder Americans, using a weapon of mass destruction
Letter to congregation urges them to alert RCMP of other possible violations
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day