Candace Derksen's parents hold onto love with candles
Air Date: Oct 19, 2017 11:16 AM CT
You can see the glow in the living room from the window outside the Derksen family's home. Thirty-three candles are lit to represent the nearly 33 years since Winnipeg teenager Candace Derksen was found dead.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
Winnipeg linesman Vaughan Rody is celebrating his 1,000th game in the NHL. He wanted to celebrate this milestone in his hometown with his family and friends. He will be recognized Monday night during the Winnipeg Jets, Vancouver Canucks game at MTS Centre.
Flowers used in weddings and other events throughout Manitoba are repurposed through Winnipeg Harvest's Floral Philanthropy program. They are picked up and taken to hospitals, care homes and other places where they can make people happy.
Top News Headlines
- Laura Babcock murder trial jury to begin deliberations tomorrow
- Women who accuse Trump of sexual misconduct call for Capitol Hill investigation
- The fight over free speech at universities comes down to the question of the purpose of higher-ed
- Suspect, 3 others injured in 'attempted terrorist attack' at NYC transit hub
- Kiss your ash goodbye: Costly beetle invasion will be quick and painful for Winnipeg, scientists say
- Winnipeg dentist turning baby teeth black — to keep kids out of surgery
- Couple hopes to keep Trappist-style cheese alive as last monk retires
- $75K worth of meth seized in Winnipeg
- The answer to Manitoba Hydro increases? Use more electricity, not less
- What is a real man in the #MeToo era?
- Geeky holiday craft market showcases one-of-a-kind gifts for geeky gals
- Manitoba-born goalie Cole Kehler goes from small town to big league with L.A. Kings signing
- Handful of Manitoba schools close after snow blankets parts of Manitoba
Families wonder whether justice was served in deaths of fathers, daughters, sons, husbands
'It's potentially a real crime, and it's a real violent crime,' law professor says
Berklee reveals Kirby’s ‘termination’ at public forum on campus
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day