Brandon apartment tenants put out fire inside suite
Tenants of an apartment building in Brandon, Man., extinguished a fire in their own building on Saturday night, according to city police.
Brandon police say they received a call at 10:51 p.m. about a fire in the downtown-area apartment building, with smoke and flames seen coming from a suite.
But by the time firefighters arrived, other tenants had put out the fire using snow from outside the window and water from another suite, police said in a news release.
As it turned out, the fire started after a heater that was plugged in below a window caught fire and blew out the window.
The tenant of the suite was not home at the time of the fire, according to police. No injuries were reported.