Bishop Grandin bike bridge, transit upgrades on hold
Air Date: Sep 18, 2017 6:05 PM CT
Winnipeg plans to put off construction of a $12.5-million bike-and-pedestrian bridge over Pembina Highway and $6 million worth of transit upgrades because it no longer expects the province to help pay for the projects.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
Periods of snow
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
To help support the RCMP and have more of a presence dealing with social issues in the downtown core, Thompson, Man. has partnered with the province to launch a 2-year pilot project.
A group of professional photographers is putting smiles on hundreds of faces in Winnipeg on Saturday. A mini studio has been set up at the Siloam Mission to take holiday portraits for people who can't afford it.
Top News Headlines
- Kiss your ash goodbye: Costly beetle invasion will be quick and painful for Winnipeg, scientists say
- Winnipeg police release photos of man accused of knocking out woman's teeth on bus
- Winnipeg dentist turning baby teeth black — to keep kids out of surgery
- Couple hopes to keep Trappist-style cheese alive as last monk retires
- Man shot by police in critical condition
- Foster mom charged in 2016 homicide of teen with autism, family says
- $75K worth of meth seized in Winnipeg
- The answer to Manitoba Hydro increases? Use more electricity, not less
- Raymond Cormier, 53, charged with murder in Tina Fontaine death
'I will tell everybody I can, not to use them,' says Alberta woman who suffered a perforated bowel
The maps are available to all Canadians, but targeted toward elementary and secondary schools
Families wonder whether justice was served in deaths of fathers, daughters, sons, husbands
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day