Bargefest attracts crowds to The Forks
CBC News Posted: Sep 01, 2012 1:34 PM CT Last Updated: Sep 01, 2012 1:28 PM CT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of flurries
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Health authority 'cautiously optimistic' flu season is winding down
- Life without parole for 10 years handed to women convicted in 2014 strangling death
- Ex-employee at Gillam hotel wins human rights complaint over racially based harassment
- 'Somebody knows something' about 2013 homicide of Cross Lake man: RCMP
She's hooped danced around the world, but now an Indigenous Manitoba teenager can add entrepreneur to her resume. Émilie McKinney started a new business venture - with the help of her mom - making authentic Indigenous jingle cones and lids for dresses.
A bison who keeps escaping its pen is creating a buzz in the community of Lorette. The CBC's Austin Grabish travelled to Lorette in search of Freddy the bison.
Top News Headlines
- 'No longer a citizen': Government letter tells mom of 4 she's not Canadian
- It's –15 C with 60 km/h winds. Time for ice yoga!
- Victim, father handcuffed in court kerfuffle after man acquitted in shooting involving stolen RCMP gun
- Manitoba Hydro contractor employee dies after being struck by falling steel
- Saving Winnipeg: Restoring 2 of city's oldest buildings yields good and bad surprises
- Portage la Prairie man, 13-year-old daughter, die in Ontario car crash
- Love letter to Winnipeg: Brazilian tourist says city 'can only be in Canada'
- It's slippery enough to skate on some Manitoba highways — and this man did
- Most of Manitoba under extreme cold warning
Manitoba Chiropractors Association website analysis follows CBC investigation that found questionable claims
'I will tell everybody I can, not to use them,' says Alberta woman who suffered a perforated bowel
Families wonder whether justice was served in deaths of fathers, daughters, sons, husbands
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day