Latest Manitoba News Headlines
During a Sept. 30 debate at the Asper Jewish Community Campus, Tory candidate Joyce Bateman opted not to discuss the economy during a question session on the subject. Instead, she drew boos from the crowd after naming Liberal candidates running in other parts of the country, including Omar Alghabra, Borys Wrzesnewskyj and Darshan Kang.
60 years ago, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers were playing in a different stadium. Here's a glimpse into a ceremony at the stadium on Oct. 3, 1955 from the CBC Archives.
Top News Headlines
- Boy, 13, beats farmers to take top prizes in Manitoba pumpkin competition
- Tory candidate Joyce Bateman not apologizing for controversial Israel debate comments
- Bombers kicker Lirim Hajurllahu apologizes to fans for Saturday's game
- Winnipeg's MMIW Day of Remembrance marked by red dresses, flowers
- Almost half of newborns seized in Manitoba have developmental, addiction issues
- Suspected car thieves arrested after sending selfie to vehicle owner
- Winnipeg zoo celebrates Thanksgiving with discounted admission, fall events
- Family holds funeral for Jamie Prefontaine, a.k.a. Brooklyn of Winnipeg's Most
- CAA Manitoba holds free event to adjust vehicles for older drivers