Alan Doyle talks new book, recalls driving through snow storm to first Winnipeg gig
Air Date: Nov 23, 2017 5:20 PM CT
The former Great Big Sea singer and actor stopped by CBC Manitoba's studio to chat with Caroline Barghout about his new book, 'A Newfoundlander in Canada', and his first gig in Winnipeg.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
Tristan Derksen, 20, is a mall cleaner at Kildonan Place in Winnipeg, and has been delighting shoppers with his singing talents.
Hundreds of people crammed into a North Point Douglas church Thursday night to fill up on perogies, bid on cakes and support a women's centre facing a funding crunch.
Top News Headlines
- Trump takes umbrage at his national security adviser's Russian interference comments
- Alex Beaulieu-Marchand wins bronze for Canada in ski slopestyle
- 'I can watch it again and again': Black Panther evokes pride across Africa
- Student survivors of Fla. school shooting make impassioned call for gun law changes
- 'A tragic loss': Winnipeg says final goodbye to boy hit by truck at crosswalk
- Winnipeg mall cleaner in viral video sings 'for the joy of others'
- 2 killed in early morning fire in Grand Rapids, Man.
- Vince Li, man who beheaded passenger on Greyhound bus, given absolute discharge
- Rally organizer wants people who saw Serena McKay beating video to submit victim impact statements
- Hedley fans turn out to Manitoba concert despite sexual misconduct allegations
- What happened to Tina Fontaine? The case against Raymond Cormier
- Province promises hands-off approach to cannabis retailers after announcing 4 groups that will operate stores
- Sutherland Hotel to lose liquor licence after crack sold to cops
At least 3 complaints about Stan Struthers made to Manitoba NDP between 2010 and 2015
Wait for specialized beds puts residents at risk of violence, says daughter of man killed in care home
Bullying, harassment, morale issues may increase absenteeism at Manitoba centre, internal RCMP report says
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day