Air Date: Jan 12, 2018 11:18 AM CT
Linda and John McLean on when they knew their daughter was destined to speedskate on an international stage.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Potential Uber driver peeved MPI move could block service in Winnipeg
- 'I shouldn't have to have a husband': Winnipeg businesswoman slams squash club's men-only policy
- Manitoba ag minster not worried about NAFTA uncertainty, despite slow investment in hog barns
- Waste manager latest senior staffer to leave City of Winnipeg
For Barbara and Clarence Nepinak making bannock in their teepee set up at The Forks is more than just an annual winter tradition; it's part of how they pass down their culture to the next generation.
A Manitoba court has approved a $90 million settlement for the victims of a 2011 flood. A lawsuit alleged that members of the four First Nations were forced to leave their homes when the Manitoba government diverted water from the Assiniboine River to reduce the risk of flooding in Winnipeg
Top News Headlines
- Welcome to the neighbourhood. Have you read the terms of service?
- Guelph university prof put on leave after allegedly telling aid worker to 'control' student
- Police locate mother of newborn reported found outdoors in Toronto
- Federal NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh engaged to clothing designer Gurkiran Kaur
- 'No longer a citizen': Government letter tells mom of 4 she's not Canadian
- Portage la Prairie man, 13-year-old daughter, die in Ontario car crash
- It's –15 C with 60 km/h winds. Time for ice yoga!
- Most of Manitoba under extreme cold warning
- Kid-friendly Winnipeg coffee shop becomes meeting place for parents
- 'Is this really real?': Winnipeg couple on vacation in Hawaii recounts moments of panic after missile alert
- It's slippery enough to skate on some Manitoba highways — and this man did
- Winnipeg police warn of virtual kidnapping scam
- Woman suing health authority after losing six teeth in fall at HSC
Manitoba Chiropractors Association website analysis follows CBC investigation that found questionable claims
'I will tell everybody I can, not to use them,' says Alberta woman who suffered a perforated bowel
Families wonder whether justice was served in deaths of fathers, daughters, sons, husbands
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day