80-year-old lacing up for Manitoba Marathon says heart attack changed his life
Air Date: Jun 18, 2017 8:15 PM CT
George Steciuk, 80, joined thousands of runners for the Manitoba Marathon on Sunday. But as Steciuk paces through the course of his fourth half-marathon, he also has 80 people donating to charities in his name — one for each year of his life.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
Health-care staffing changes have started as the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority prepares to replace two emergency departments with urgent care centres and completely close a third.
A man has pleaded not criminally responsible to four charges in connection with a home invasion and attack on an elderly couple in Selkirk last year.
Top News Headlines
- Cute Manitoba-made campers make a comeback
- Winnipeg's airport evacuated as a precaution after AC malfunction
- 3 dead after minivan, semi collide on Trans-Canada Highway near Portage la Prairie
- Blue Bombers fan claims $200K in surprise 50/50 win
- Section of Manitoba highway to be named after Tom Cochrane's 'Life is a Highway'
- 'Bermuda Triangle of cell service': Inwood residents petition for coverage
- Grease fire sends 2 kids to hospital
- Show-stopping proposal turns into musical marriage as Manitoban set to get hitched in hometown
- Exchange District's Toad Hall Toys turns 40
Retailers continue to sell brushes, despite past warnings and calls to ban sales
CBC News documents decades-old missing and murdered cases from Manitoba's Sagkeeng First Nation
‘I see this as a major problem,’ consumer protection lawyer says
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day