The Winnipeg School Division is pushing ahead with a pilot project introducing all-day kindergarten at four schools.
After a review of location, space and program availability, trustees have identified the following schools as the most likely candidates:
- John M. King on Agnes Street
- Strathcona school on McKenzie Street
- Norquay school on Lusted Avenue
- Wellington School on Beverley Street
Officials are now consulting with parents to make sure there's enough interest at those schools.
- Winnipeg school division doing math on full-day kindergarten
- Full-day nursery and kindergarten pitched for Winnipeg
Trustees will make a final decision in early May.
Under the project, the all-day kindergarten should be available next fall.