Fires struck three Winnipeg residences overnight, the largest forcing tenants out of a south-central apartment building.

An investigation began on the fire at 270 Morley Ave., in which 10tenants were forced out of the three-storey building around 4 a.m.

Fire officials said Friday that the blaze at thecentury-old brick building started in the basement, damaging electrical panels and plumbing. Damage is estimated at nearly $2 million.

Two businesses connected to the block also suffered serious smoke damage.

Osborne Street was closed between Brandon and Jubilee Avenues Friday morning while cleanup efforts continued.

Fire crews were also called to a house fire Thursday nighton the 600 block of Victor Street in the city's West End. Police said the blaze started shortly after 11 p.m. Damageis estimatedto be$100,000. The Winnipeg Police Service's arson task force is investigating the fire.

As well, a house fire on Novavista Drive in St. Vital caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.

No injuries were reported in either house fire.