2 charged in break-in spree across southern Manitoba
Two men, aged 20 and 52, have been charged in connection with a string of break-and-enter robberies around Winnipeg and southern Manitoba.
The robberies happened between May 1, 2013 and Feb. 7, 2014, according to police.
- 100 block of Winnipeg Street (Emerson, MB), May 1, 2013
- 100 block of Willmington Drive (Winnipeg), Sept. 9, 2013
- 100 block of Willowwood Road (Winnipeg), Oct. 21, 2013
- 100 block of Willow Creek Road (Morden, MB), Nov. 26, 2013
- 100 block of Endcliffe Way (Winnipeg), Nov. 29, 2013
- 100 block of Marshall Place (Steinbach, MB), Dec. 3, 2013
- 100 block of Bearing Avenue (Winnipeg), Jan. 13, 2014
- 1300 block of Leila Avenue (Winnipeg), Dec. 29, 2013
- 100 block of Woodridge Bay (Morden, MB), Feb. 7, 2014
In all incidents the same pick-up truck was seen at the scene, including on Jan 21, 2014, when a woman in the 100 block of William Marshall Way in Winnipeg saw a man steal a package that had been delivered and left at her door.
The same vehicle was spotted by police, who were called Feb. 12, 2014, after a home in the 300 block of Boyne Avenue, in the town of Morris, was broken into and property stolen.
Police stopped the truck in the area and arrested the two men.
The property from the home was recovered as well as several other stolen items from other break-ins, police said.
Both men have been detained in custody at the Provincial Remand Centre.