11-year-old cancer survivor will spend a year raising money for Children's Hospital
Air Date: Jan 12, 2018 3:54 PM CT
Abigail Stewart, 11, is the 2018 Children’s Hospital Champion. She is currently in remission from a form of cancer, and will travel across Manitoba to raise money for the unit that helped save her life.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
The owner of a Winnipeg pet store is locking her doors during business hours, asking customers to knock to get in, because she feels unsafe after several run-ins with people she suspects were high on crystal meth.
Ron Siwicki pleads guilty to criminal negligence causing death after his injured 89-year-old mother was left to die on the floor of their shared Winnipeg home.
Top News Headlines
- Ron Siwicki pleads guilty to causing mother's death through negligence
- 'He needs to hear about the pain': Victim impact statements delay sentencing in Winnipeg case
- Boy who endured three years as ISIL captive asks for meeting with Justin Trudeau
- Stella's apologizes after photo manipulated and posted to Instagram
- Main Street business locks doors after several incidents with suspected meth users
- Filmmaker aboard icebreaker documents aborted mission to study Arctic climate change
- Hudson Bay Quest sled dog race cancelled for 2nd year in a row
- Pedestrian hit at crosswalk on Pembina Highway
- Teenager sentenced for beating live streamed on Facebook
Manitoba Chiropractors Association website analysis follows CBC investigation that found questionable claims
'I will tell everybody I can, not to use them,' says Alberta woman who suffered a perforated bowel
Families wonder whether justice was served in deaths of fathers, daughters, sons, husbands
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day