Make CBCNews.ca your home page
How to configure your browser to open CBC News automatically
When you start up any internet browser, it opens a specific web page that has been designated as the browser's default start-up page, otherwise known as your home page.
If you would like to make CBCNews.ca your home page, please follow the instructions below. Different browsers require different methods.
<img src=http://www.cbc.ca/includes/promos/promo/images/icon-ie-584.gif style= float:none; padding:0px; margin:0px;>[/CUSTOM]
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In Internet Explorer's menu bar; click Tools.
- Select Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
- In the Internet Options box, select the General tab. Usually this is the first tab on the list, and probably it opened automatically when you selected Internet Options.
- In the Home Page section, typehttp://www.cbcnews.ca/ in the address box.
- Click the OK button at the bottom of the screen.
Your change takes effect immediately. You can test whether it worked by clicking the Home icon on your navigation toolbar. Your browser should take you directly to CBCNews.ca whenever you open the browser, and whenever you click the Home icon.
<img src=http://www.cbc.ca/includes/promos/promo/images/icon-firefox-584.gif style= float:none; padding:0px; margin:0px;>[/CUSTOM]
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Options.
- If it isn't already selected, click the Main icon. The Main options panel is displayed.
- In the Startup box, highlight the text in the Home Page: box.
- Replace the text with http://cbc.ca/news/
<img src=http://www.cbc.ca/includes/promos/promo/images/icon-safari-584.gif style= float:none; padding:0px; margin:0px;>[/CUSTOM]
- Choose Preferences from the Safari menu and click General.
- Type http://cbc.ca/news/ in the Home Page box.
There are too many browsers and operating systems for us to offer individual instructions for each. But the general principles are the same: in your browser's Options, Preferences and/or Settings menu, there will be a Set Home Page option, and that's where you only need to type and save http://www.cbcnews.ca once in order for it to become your Home Page every time you use your browser.