Two years after the death of her husband, the widow of a London man who was shot while taking out the trash says a new arrest in her husband's death was "unexpected."

Mary Willar was inside the couple's English Street home when her husband Mark McCullagh was shot by three men while he took out the trash in March of 2015. 

Mary Willar reacts to police making an arrest in her husband's murder0:51

"I was inside playing video games," Willar told CBC News of the night of her husband's death on March 9, 2015. "He was taking the garbage out and I heard a bang."

Police arrested Kenyon Ohamu, a 20-year-old man from Windsor on Tuesday, charging him with manslaughter and two counts of armed robbery. 

Police later arrested Steven Atkinson, 37, in Windsor on Friday, charging him with manslaughter and two counts of armed robbery. 

They are both set to make their next court appearance in London. 

Police have also charged Ali Fageer, 23, from Toronto with manslaughter, two counts of armed robbery, and multiple firearm charges. 

Police do not know the whereabouts of Fageer but a warrant has been issued for his arrest. 

Held at gunpoint

Willar remembers three men bursting into her Old East Village home along with her husband. The men held guns to the couple's heads and demanded cash and drugs. 

"I had 40 bucks or something in my wallet," she said, noting that after she handed the money over. "They just kind of left."

Willar said she called 911 and remembers talking to her husband while waiting for paramedics to arrive. 

"At first, it didn't seem that bad," she said. "He was talking and he wasn't bleeding that much or nothing."

Bled to death

"The last thing we were talking about was about just how weird it was that a guy shot him. We couldn't believe it," she said. "The very last thing I said to him was 'I'm right behind you in the police car' when he was in the ambulance."

McCullagh, 36, died at hospital. 

Mark McCullagh

Police have laid charges in the 2015 murder of Mark McCullagh. (London Police Services)

"Initially they thought it was through and through, so they thought Mark would be OK," said Jim Sloan, a family friend for the past 15 years.

"But it was two shots, I guess he spun after the first shot," he said. "So where the paramedics intially said 'you're gonna be OK, it's come out the back,' it was actually two and the one hit the aorta."

"So by the time he left here he was feeling pretty dizzy leaving the house with the paramedics and I guess by the time he arrived at the hospital he was gone," Sloan said. 

Two months ago police offered a $25,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for McCullagh's death.

Police did not know if the money was collected.